Engineering a climate positive future
reduce, avoid & capture carbondioxid
As a scientific institute, the icnmp is dedicated to the great social challenge agreed in the Paris Agreement on Climate Protection: decarbonization. The research goal is finding technical innovations that secure our ecological livelihood. Technical progress in harmony with nature.
This page is still in progress.
Research projects of icnmp
- Predictive intelligent operation management to reduce the risk of icing on wind turbines, funded by BMWi
- Using secondary effects of a wind turbine to generate an air stream in the blade tip area an conditioning of the wind turbine interior, funded by BMWi
- Transdisciplinary end-of-life analysis of wind turbines for the development of optimized techno-echonomic re-use strategies, funded by BMWi
- Increasing efficiency of room air systems by active separation of CO2 from the circulated air
- Elimination of virus contamination from indoor air by means of adsorption of water
- Eco-efficient, smart development and production of lightweight solutions for the mobility of the future
- Thermal-acoustic cabin insulation and architecture for 2025+
- CO2 separation from the ambient air with the help of wind turbines for decentralized methanol production – basic development
- Establishment of a European scientific and technological network for direct air capture